Saturday, March 22, 2008

Hillary's Plan

A very republican co-worker suggested that Hillary, if she won the nomination would pick Bill as her running mate, and if that happens Obama would go independent, and run with Bloomberg. I replied that (1) I am fairly confident that Bill can not be Vice President (something about people who've been president can't be in line to be president again, or some such constitutional legalese), and (2) Bloomberg is a Republican at heart, and would not run with Obama, nor did I believe that Obama would pursue a cross-over corporatist as his running mate.

The point of this though is that I am now hearing rumors that Hillary might consider an independent run against Obama if she does not be the nomination. Given the the tenor of the commentary after the recent turn of events (Richardson's endorsement of Obama to name one), my sense is that this could be something she pulls off.

I could think of no better way to guarantee a McCain victory in the fall!

No comments: