Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Voted on Saturday

Open Voting was (and is) available on Saturday mornings from 8am-12pm. I headed down, and got to the Board of Elections by about 10am. I rode the elevator up with 5 other citizens, and stepped out to find a line of another 6-8 ahead of me, waiting to cast their ballot. As I got a view of the room, their were another 10 folks already standing at the voting booths casting their ballots. The BOE staff was working through the line with a great degree of efficiency, making sure all those in line had a clear understanding of the administrivia that accompanied a walk-up absentee ballot submission. The energy and excitement of being involved in the political process was palpable.

Now the even better news. I heard all 5 folks immediately ahead of me in line ask for Democratic ballots.

No comments: